What to know about Home Sleep Tests
What to know about at home sleep apnea tests. 😴
Do you find yourself waking up tired? Do you experience headaches, dry mouth, or snoring? If so, you could be suffering from obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). OSA is a condition that causes you to experience pauses in your breathing while you sleep.
When you fall asleep, the muscles in your body begin to relax. This includes the muscle and soft tissue in your upper airway. If you suffer from sleep apnea, your airway can become blocked when your soft tissues and muscles start to relax.
Untreated sleep apnea can lead on to cause high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, diabetes, cancer and more. It has the potential to take years off of your life.
Fortunately, you can be tested and diagnosed for sleep apnea in the comfort and safety of your own home. iSleep™ features the WatchPAT™ One testing device. This device is disposable, and FDA cleared to diagnose obstructive sleep apnea. The device is comprised of three parts, a wristwatch like device, a finger sensor, and a chest motion sensor. The seven-channel device monitors the following signals:
- Peripheral Arterial Tone (PAT): A signal that reflects changes in your autonomic nervous system caused by respiratory disturbances while you sleep.
- Pulse Oximetry: A signal that reflects the oxygen levels in your blood.
- Actigraphy: A signal that monitors movement.
- Heart Rate: The number of heart beats per minute.
- Body Position: A signal that will tell us what position you are sleeping in.
- Snoring Intensity: Monitors for snoring.
- Chest Motion: Helps us distinguish between Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and Central Sleep Apnea (CSA).
iSleep™ makes getting tested for sleep apnea fast, easy, and affordable. Our testing kit starts at just $199. Simply place your order and complete a quick sleep health screening form. Once we get the Doctor’s ok, we will send you the WatchPAT™ One testing kit. WatchPAT™ One is completely disposable! All you have to do is sync the kit with your smart phone via the WatchPAT™ One app and sleep with the device for one night! Our sleep coaches will give you a call to discuss the results within 24 to 48 hours to discuss the findings.
If your test comes back positive for Obstructive Sleep Apnea, you can order a treatment bundle through iSleep (we even give you $100 cash back towards the purchase of your treatment bundle). Don’t worry, our sleep coaches will explain all of your options and hold your hand every step of the way.
Have questions? Chat today or give us a call at 1-833-475-3372.
>> Order Your Home Sleep Test here: Home Sleep Apnea Test